Monday 14 March 2011

Carl Barat: 'not be any Libertines shows this summer'


From Carl Barat mailout:-

Dear all,

Just to quell any speculation there will not be any Libertines shows this summer. As perfect as last year was, Peter and I have not written anything new together at this point. We are all busy doing very different things separately. Truly moving as it was to play Reading, Leeds and the Forum it would not be right to do this every year without new material as I'm sure most would agree. You never know though, some day I hope we'll write the next album...

In the meantime my tour starts at the end of the month and I have decided to make these dates a celebration of the last 10 years and play all the songs I love from my album The Libs and Dirty Pretty Things, come join me and my band and raise a glass!

As fate would have it I have actually just accepted a part in a very different project which will consume a lot of next year. It's splendidly exciting but for the moment I am bound to secrecy.........

On a not so secret note I'm going to be joining my new friends BB Brunes (http://www.bbbrunes.fr) on stage in Paris on the 23rd March at The Alhambra Theatre to continue our new friendship that blossomed after we appeared together on the French TV show Taratata a little while back that was cemented later that evening in a local bar...... I am also pretty keen to record with these chaps, and I'll let you know about that as things happen On a very different note, I played a something of a secret gig out in the rolling plains near Bath the other day with Ed Harcourt, Danny Goffey and the Langley sisters, a family affair which was quite a blinder. Very last minute and so very boozy. Must do it again some time.

On the subject of gigs I want to do a very very small show in a London pub for no more than 50 people to play some new tunes and some older stuff..... I want to give 25 pairs of tickets away to you good people of 'The List'. The show will be on Monday 21st March and will be at a location undisclosed until you win!

This little show will be recorded and form part of my new ep which will also feature the new studio tracks Grimaldi, Death Fires Burn At Night, Sing For My Supper and This Is The Song.

This will come out on LTD Edition Vinyl and as a separate iTunes EP, or a free digital EP when you buy my solo album.

So if you wanna come to gig and be recorded and have a drink or two with me and the gang and you are over 18 (its a pub!) and can 100% make the 21st March (a Monday) then send an email with your demanding note threatening all sorts of things if you don't win to fan.support@pias.com

Love to one and all, and see you on my tour in a few weeks!!

Carl x

Get the Writtlers' Feedback


20850030-1425494020488505-14005781
Visit French Dog Clothing