Wednesday 13 April 2011

Peter Doherty: Hamburg Gig



Peter Doherty played Hamburg,Uebel and Gefaehrich on the 12th April 2011.

Writtler Cockneyhammer writtled
My first atempt at writing a review mainly because I have been to ovr 50 pete gigs and this was by miles my favourite.

Great venue, (helped by the fact that we were in the front row.) Manage to get about ten good vids which I will be adding to my youtube account tomorrow and I will post the link up here.
Pete was on top forn tonight, interacting with the crowd handing out beers, signing stuff and even translating a letter from a fan that was written in German and thrown on stage.
He played for almost two hours, he seemed to be having a great time and just didn't want to stop, more comfortable than yesterday. He played some rare tunes including 'at the flophouse' 'cyclops' and 'bucket shop' at my gfs request. Also threw in 'Forever blowing bubbles' which I think was especially for me as he mentioned halfway through the set "Theres an englishman I know you hammer."
The ballerinas made another appearence and in all fairness did add a little magic to the performace with some more synchronised rouines than usual and british flags during 'Albion.' Some German girls in the crowd were even holding up the old union jack which was nice to see.
All in all the German gigs have been great. Extremely friendly people and security who even handded out water to the crowd in abundance throughout the night. A very worthwhile trip to Germany indeed, now just wish we were going to Koln! If any of you writtlers to please give us a write up!
Vids to be added tomo so check them out. My picks for the night were 'Cyclops' 'Bucket shop' and an extended fast version of 'Grimaldi.' Although I do have a lot of love for Carl too I have to say you cannot beat a Pete gig and tonight he definitely proved this!
Could writtle all night but have an early flight in the morning so thats all folks!
Get the Writtlers' Feedback.


22637484-15694773
Visit French Dog Clothing
Order 2 organic products, get 20% off.
Voucher code: ORGANIC2011
Campaign duration: 12/04/11 — 04/05/11