Saturday 7 May 2011

Peter Doherty: O2 Academy, Oxford

Peter Doherty played the O2 Academy, Oxford on the 6th May 2011.

Writtler stylishkidintheriot writtled
Was incredible, one of my favourite days ever. Met Peter before, and he wrote the lyric I asked him to on my arm, which i'm getting tattooed over tomorrow, also signed my Bound Together (which I now only need John in to complete) and had a picture. Grabbed me and gave me a kiss and a hug haha, when I gave him Songs Of Innocence And Experience by Blake.

Great actual gig as well. Very pleased to see him not give in to the I Wish crowd.

He played some of my favourite songs ever.

Basic outline (some of these aren't in order):

Arcady
Killamangiro
Last Of The English Roses
Can't Stand Me Now
What A Waster
Don't Look Back Into The Sun
Ballad Of Grimaldi
Smashing (AFTER I REQUESTED IT )
SONGS THEY NEVER PLAY ON THE RADIO (!!!)
Merry Go Round
Time For Heroes
For Lovers
Music When The Lights Go Out
Twist And Shout
Albion
Fuck Forever
Beg Steal Or Borrow
Sheepskin Tearaway
What Katie Did
The Good Old Days
Bollywood To Battersea

My personal highlights were Smashing (because I requested it), Songs They Never Play (because it's one of my favourite ever songs and he barely ever plays it!) and Merry Go Round.

Was simply incredible.
Get the Writtlers' Feedback.



20617299-14093914
20617272-14093884
Visit French Dog Clothing