Sunday 16 February 2014

Babyshambles : Hamburg, Docks Photos

Click on images to see source and more images.

Babyshambles played Hamburg, Docks on the 29th January 2014.


Writtler writtled
Long time lurker, but I thought I'd say something about the Hamburg gig!

They started pretty late, the second support act finished at about 9:30 and we had to wait till 10:40 until the gig actually started. I was already getting a bit worried, that they might not come at all. The gig itself was great though! I thought that the audience was a bit hesitant for the first two or three songs (we were all a bit tired from the long wait I guess) but that changed after a couple of songs! There were quite a few circle pits ;) Peter seemed to be in pretty good form (maybe a bit tired), Drew had to show him the riffs to a couple of older songs though. The only downside was maybe that the gig ended quite abruptly at 11:50, without an encore. I could get a quick glance at the setlist, which had Fuck Forever on it but alas we didn't get to hear it. Apart from that they played (not in order and I hope I didn't forget anything):

Delivery
Nothing Comes to Nothing
I Wish
Fall from Grace
The Man Who Came To Stay (with She's Lost Control-Intro)
Farmer's Daughter
Killamangiro
Carry On Up the Morning
Penguins
Maybelline
Dr. No
Back From The Dead
Fireman
8 Dead Boys
Stone Me What a Life
Side of the Road (with a bit of Tears Dry On Their Own)
Pipedown

Personally I was pretty happy with the setlist and didn't miss Fuck Forever too much! Would have been nice to hear Minefield and Gang of Gin though!

Then there was also this thing with the spontaneous solo-show on Thurday. There were flyers at the bar at the Babyshambles gig promoting a Peter Doherty-solo show the next day at this little venue called Grüner Jäger (capacity: 150 people). So on Thursday I started queuing at about 6pm (doors were 8pm). So after waiting for 2 hours in the cold (the queue was pretty long in the end), we got in. The gig was supposed to start at 8:30 which obviously didn't happen. We had to wait until 10 pm until the DJ announced that he was going to get Peter now. Apparently he had to drag Peter out of his hotel. So after a lot of waiting Mik came on stage at around 11:30 tuning his guitar, shortly followed by Peter, who did look pretty tired but apart from that seemed to be in a good mood. They played for about 35 mins, then after What Katie Did, a string of Peter's guitar broke. He said, that they would just take a 10 min break to fix his guitar and then be back, but that didn't happen. The DJ came back shortly after midnight and announced that the gig was over. Obviously everybody was pretty disappointed after waiting for so long. I really liked the set (even though it was short) and I'm happy that I got to see him at all, especially in such a small venue. Still I wish they would have continued, especially because it felt like they stopped, when the gig was just reaching its climax...Here's the setlist (again not exactly the right order):

I Wish
Dr. No
Arcady
Beg, Steal or Borrow
Carry On Up the Morning
Unbilotitled
Time for Heroes
Sheepskin Tearaway
What Katie Did

Sorry for the long post! I always have problems with keeping my stories short (probably the reason why I don't really post on forums) but I thought some of you might be interested :)

Get the Writtler's feedback.